Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Where do I start?

I have an almost one year old with a man I thought I loved. I can't take the way my life is headed so I have to start a new one. He keeps the bank card and never gives me money but he will go and buy what we need and keep the rest mostly for beer, he stays out til the am when he says he'll be right back with no call or anything to say where he might be, he emotionally abuses me to the point where I throw up, He doesn't fix anything we have a broken dryer, door, and table...Well I broke off our relationship but now I am stuck here with no dryer and tons of laundry, I don't have a job so I have no money, I can't pay the bills and have nowhere to go when they decide to kick me out, there's barely any food in the house, and I have a baby to take care of... How do I fix my life? I know I need to get a job to start, but there is nobody to watch the baby and I have no money to hire a babysitter, and I have no license /car to get around. I am at a loss, I don't know if I can deal with this, I am sooo upset and I feel like a complete failure as a person and mother! Any advice for this lowlife of a mom?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • well starters get urself a bus map and start applying for jobs anywhere .. mcdonalds , clothing store wherever.. just apply apply apply.. get a job and start saving money... single moms do it every day theres no reason u cant do it

    Answer by zperez0809 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • do you have any family or friends you can go stay with?

    Answer by samurai_chica at 8:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • We don't have any buses or mcdonalds, we live in a small town with barely any stores that's why a car is important to get to the city... The part I don't understand is where will my child go when I work, I have and know no one! :(

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • no I don't have nobody :(

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • hun!! it looks like ooold cetury this guy better leave him .. what he think himself !!! start loking for a job and get your liberty and fly with ur own wings ..dont let any one take that from u strong

    Answer by caramelH at 9:19 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • Well try to put your ex on child support asap that will be some money coming in so you can always feed your baby, also you have to get a job, why don't you try to get a housekeeping job where they let you stay at their home with your child, start there save up money till you have enough to buy a car, then keep saving till you have enough so you can get an apartment & even a better job. GL sweetie!

    P.S. Your not a failure, life just can be very hard sometimes but as long as you don't give up & keep fighting through it your never a failure.


    Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • first off stop calling yourself a low life, all negatives you think and speak will permeate your soul and poison your self esteem. pat yourself on the back for having the strength to get ris of him, he's the low life. thel has happened to me a few times and some how I always get what I need. I think once you get past the initial shock of this big change you'll be able to focus better and find all that you need. You are quite strong and smart. Trust in your God, and you'll find that you will always get whata you need. best of luck

    Answer by misha230 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • Ok, well, some things you can start with are washing the clothes and hanging them out to dry, be it on a balcony, over a fence, wherever you have to until you get a clothes line put up. Next, apply for whatever jobs you can online, and talk to someone at DFCS and see what kind of temporary assistance you can get while you try and get back on your feet. Deep breaths, and just keep working toward your goal- being self-sufficient without your ex. Good luck!

    Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:02 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • Thanks so much ladies for your advice and kindness!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • Okay first of all apply for food stamps. Really because there is no need for you baby to go hungry because her daddy is a cheating...abusive asshole! Secondly, give them ALL YOU EX'S INFORMATION so they can go after him for child support. These people don't play...they will go after the bastard and his beer money will turn in to your support money faster than he can say "I'm a cheating asshole everyone!!"

    Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.