Are you serious!

My sons father who I am currently with expects me to appreciate him for taking care of our son, he thinks doing anything more than just buying diapers I should appreciate! I dont fucking think so!!! I am not appreciating someone for taking care of their responsibility as a parent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mommi2four2011

Asked by Mommi2four2011 at 8:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Calm down! Most men begin to feel entitled at some point. Just smile sweetly and make sure the baby and daddy get to spend quality time when baby has a cold and crys constantly!

Okay that's mean but it's one of the daydreams that make me giggle. (especially when I imagine baby barfing on daddys 100$ jeans and 200$ shoes!!!)
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 8:46 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• well, dad's want to be appreciated just like mom's want to be appreciated. i understand what you are saying. men just don;t get it sometimes. calm down and just tell him that. parenting is a huge responsiblity and it comes with more then buying diapers.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Tell him it's called "parenting" and it's ALL as much HIS responsibility as it is yours!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Give and get ! Show appreciation and you will get appreciation. This child needs to grow up in a home that has love and appreciation. You both can appreciate one another for having a wonderful healthy child. That both parents are willing participants and will be there to provide far more than just diapers in the years to come. Why must we all expect instant gratification and praise? It's nice to hear sure, but who cares. Do what parents are suppose to do, enjoy your child and your time with one another. Life is to short to sweat the small stuff. They grow up to fast as it is, which means we get older faster than we know. Life is Good~Live it well. Show appreciation and get appreciation. (must be a first child?)
    FlMomXs3

Answer by FlMomXs3 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I appreciate my DH for everything he does, whether it's just changing a diaper here and there, or helping me with a house full of cranky kids. I'm glad I have some support, and someone to lean on when times get tough. I think everybody wants a little appreciation.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2011