Do you believe God has the power to end suffering for everyone on earth? If yes then what God is waiting for?

Why is the destruction of Satan "postponed"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I look at it (life, the universe, everything) as one huge science experiment. God is simply watching and waiting to see how it all plays out. Do we finally learn to get along with each other or do we eventually manage to destroy the entire planet?

Answer by SpiritedWitch an hour ago

----------------------------------------------
    YES! That's how I feel too.
    Free will...we make or break our lives.
    IT IS all up to us.
    I don't think there is any other logical or intelligent way to look at this issue.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yes, and I'm going to get downvoted, but I believe He's waiting for His perfect timing.

Answer by missanc at 8:56 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Free will.

It's like when you have kids, you know you could make them do what is best for then, and if you took away their free will, you could control them like puppets and keep people from hurting other people and themselves.

Fortunately, God gave us our own free will. However, this means some people won't do what is best for themselves and others, thus, unnecessary suffering.

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Well, God apparently has a plan and perhaps changes it due to circumstances and behaviors of humans. Yes, I believe he has the power to end suffering but sometimes we humans need to have obstacles to overcome, why I don't know, but believe that God does. Agnes Janas
    grandmaj66

Answer by grandmaj66 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yes,but it's humans choices that got us where we are. Free will. He cannot change what we have chosen to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I agree with missanc. The time isn't right just yet. "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2Pet.3:9). Should He judge murderers and rapists now? How about thieves and liars, adulterers, fornicators, those who lust and those who hate? If God judged evil today, all unconverted men and women would perish under His wrath. He is patiently waiting for them to trun to the Savior and be saved from His wrath. When the time is right, the Lord will gather His people unto Himself, which will usher in the beginning of the Great Tribulation. After approximately 7 years of tribulation, the Second Coming will take place, then there will be a thousand year reign of peace.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:21 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Well, I won't even try to understand why G-d acts the way He does. I have a lot of certinty in His existence, His omnipotence and His absolute goodness, so all I can really do is trust that it's the way it has to be for an ultimate good purpose.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• because of karma

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:55 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Suffering and opposition is a neccesary part of mortal learning, sort of like how you can't grow muscle without making little tears in your existing muscle first...it hurts, but it makes you better and stronger. I believe we all agreed to this mortal life knowing it would hurt, and still wanted it anyway for the chance of experience and learning.

But God promised the sufering wouldn't have to be forever. There was atonement to completely heal it all, it is just a matter of timing and choice for each of us.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 9:06 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• yes. i believe He has the power to make me thin and acne-free (at my age!!), with volumptuous breasteses and long legs and gorgeous red hair, before i even say ''boo!"..however, he has also given me the ability and choice to do something about my physical shape (well, except for the length of my legs..of course, if they were toned, they might appear longer), the knowledge to change my haircolor and the gumption to keep it up, if that's what i really wanted to look like. if i don't work for it myself and gain appreciation for a hard-won fight, what would i benefit?

poor analogy, i know.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2011