Do you think the timing is a little weird?

I read in USA today about authorities finding the body of a child near the home of Caylee Anthony's grandparents in FL. I was wondering - the prosecutor just made an agreement NOT to request the death penalty in Casey Anthony's trial next month, and then SUDDENLY a body (probably Caylee) shows up half a mile from Grandma? You know they combed those woods three times and never found anything. Anyone else think this is suspicious, and maybe Grandma just waited to plant it?

Also, does Casey actually think it'll be better to be locked in prison for life if found guilty? I heard what they do to inmates who kill children...

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 6:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• THANK YOU i was thinking the exact same thing
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• No I have not heard this but did they find a body near her grandma's home?
    I was keeping up with this until finally I gave up I am just waiting to see what happens in the end.
    I pray that it is not Caylee.

I hate to sound stupid, but what do people in jail do to baby killers? Besides them dropping the soap then the rest is history...ouch!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• butterly - Susan Smith (she drowned her two young boys in their car seats when her boyfriend left her because he didn't want kids, then she tried to say she was carjacked by a black man) is still in isolation - this happened over ten years ago. They won't put her in the general population because the other women inmantes have promised to beat her to death.
    Also, a family member (I call him the felon-in-law) was in San Quentin prison in CA for a few months, he told us that guys who harmed children were usually abused horribly by the other inmates while the guards turned away.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• THANK YOU I WAS THINKING THE EXCAT SAME THING how its that after everybody searched for her body that it all of sudden appears in an area im pretty sure they looked in. they had everbody searching that area they even had cadver dog someone plated that body after the media died down in the area and im thinking it was the granparents
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I think the grandparents put it out there. If they thought she would avoid the death penalty, though - won't happen. The state attorney's office has already said that if this turns out to be Caylee's body, they will put the death penalty back on the table. I live about 45 mins from where this is all happening, so I saw the breaking news on it this morning. I think the grandparents are involved - last night, the grandmother said the people they met with YESTERDAY saw someone they think is Caylee back in NOVEMBER. Now, if she thinks her granddaughter is still alive, and so desperately wants to bring her home, why did she wait 2-3 weeks to follow up on a possible sighting?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• The article I read said that the area where the remains were found was submerged when they searched last time and seems that when they attempted to go back, it was fenced off. Not entirely sure why they didn't jump the fence to look.

We all knew what the outcome of this was going to be long ago, sadly.
    randi1978

Answer by randi1978 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• The grandparents were in California when the news broke and were suppose to arrive back in FL. by 5pm. I think the grandma has something to do with it but I think the dad is the innocent one. I know they have to keep all individuals convicted of harming/killing a child in isolation because other inmates see children as innocent and don't tolerate people who commit those types of crimes against children.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I agree...totally....but just think about the pain and suffering Casey will have to go through for what she did to the baby. I personally would rather now she went through pain over and over other then getting it over with in one quick shot. I'm sorry but you do NOT get any sympathy from me when you hurt a child. I have a son that is that age I dont know what i would do if someone hurt him.
    Anonymous

• Although it does seem that way, they did say that they could NOT search that area due to the fact that it was under feet of water from hurricane fay during the first and second search. There was not a third search. The waters just receded two weeks ago. And i will bet you by bottom dollar that now that the body is found, the prosecutor will reverse directions and go after the death penalty. He has the right to go back on that agreement, depending on the terms.
    Casey Anthony needs to be b*tch slapped - seriously.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• There was a tremendous amount of flooding after Fay. I am not surprised this body was missed after several searches.

The point is remains have been found and shortly it will be determined if it is actually Caylee. Most Likely, it is.

Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 10:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008