Teeth brushing help

my 3 year old hates to brush his teeth i have to hold him and pretty much do it for him i have tried 5 different types of brushes and everything has anyone else had this prob my 1 year old does better at brushing his teeth than my 3 year old does..

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I know you said you've tried 4 different tooth brushes, but my son has a vibrating sponge bob one and we tell him his teeth will fall out like gma's if he doesn't brush. She has dentures.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:18 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Does she have a spin brush? My kids like that. They also like mouthwash.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Have you tried the kids toothpaste? They also have toothbrushes that sing or make music. Make a sticker chart. I know you want to get his teeth cleaned, but if you have to hold him down, he's going to end up afraid to brush his teeth and later on when it's up to him to do and you can't hold him down anymore he might not want to.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• he has a toothbrush that makes music as you brush and he has two different types of toothpaste and i dont hold him down i hold him while i brush his teeth.. I think i am going to try and spin brush though and hope that helps
    proudmama930

Comment by proudmama930 (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We have a spin brush that my child decorated with stickers. We make a big deal of doing it together and thar helps as well
    2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 9:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Have you let him talk to a doctor or dentist about tooth care? Sometimes if they hear it from someone else, it sinks in more.

Or read books about toothbrushing - or maybe find a movie about it.

What about peer pressure? Kids always want to do what their friends are doing.
    kmqw229

Answer by kmqw229 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2011