how to tell my mom

ok so i really dont like my mom's boyfriend and she thinks its cuz im pregnant but i would not like him eather way.
but any way i dont want him to go to my baby shower or be at the hospital when i have my baby. i just dont know how to tell her with out makeing her feel bad or angry with me any advice???

(i dontl ike him cuz he treats my mom like shit and get very mad over just a little snow so ya)

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• First of all, guys usually don't go to baby showers to begin with, so there's that answer. Tell your mom it's ladies only like everyone does. Also, you can tell the hospital staff who you want banned from you and the baby while you are there. He is not family and you have the right to say who comes in and who can't. Your mom doesn't need to know you said anything. Just prearrange it with the hospital or if you forget, tell them when you get there to deliver. He can sit in the lobby for all anyone cares. Hope that makes you feel better.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• ok i know guys dont go to baby showers most the time but i guess my family does stuff diff cuz everyone iv ever been to there are guys. i think it makes it alot more fun (we plan games just for the guys,) plus i dont like leaving family like uncles out of stuff like that. so ya and she thinks that hes gonna be able to go and i just dont know how to tell her
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• tell her he isnt the babies father and you wont feel comfortable with him at the hospital and tell her that the baby shower is for girls only and there is no reason for him to be there unless he cooking like my moms boyfriend
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Just tell her its your baby shower and he isnt invited. You can blame it on hormones if you want but id let that be my reason id go off. As far as the hospital, she has no choice, you can tell the hospital you dont want him there. Most hospitals have a rule that only one or two people can be in the delivery room anyway, so that shouldnt be a problem, if you dont want him in there at all you can let the staff know that he isnt family and isnt welcome, they will keep him out, trust me, I kept my boyfriends mother out of the delivery room because she is insane and I cant stand her. They just locked her out!!
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• simply say, i'd only like and then list the people you want... mom, hubby/bf, etc.. its time to be honest having a baby is no joke and when your in labor or just had your LO you dont need the stress
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2008