Do you buy into conspiracy theories?

I've been researching some popular conspiracy theories - getting ready for our next year homeschooling, and I never realized some seem to make a lot of sense...UFO's, Roswell, Hitler's Death, etc......I am starting to feel a little silly as I've never really considered such things before....Are any of you conspiracy theorists? Why or Why Not?

KickButtMama

Asked by KickButtMama at 9:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, not really. I think that they are just people who need a hobby.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Not really but some of them are interesting enough for me to research further.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:43 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No, i don't care for them. I have better things to worry about.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:44 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I do with some things, yes. Only because they do make sense. I have for years said a lot of things, but people thought I was just crazy. Smoking for instance. The government said it was bad so people got scared, so the government "saved" people by taking away smoking in public places. I'm not saying that it isn't bad, but I'm saying that if they go after the "bad people" and the people think they are doing great, it's one step closer into controlling our lives. Now the sugar tax. I don't know about other states, but it has been implemented here. Now smoking may be bad for other people who don't smoke, but how is sugar bad for someone "second hand?" I saw this coming because we allow the government let us think they are protecting us. Vaccines, why is it that you can't sue the drug company and only get money from a special fund set up by the feds? There's plenty more.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Not really but when I was younger I used to love looking into and collecting information on them. It was a hobby, like a really complex jigsaw puzzle.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If theirs evidence to help prove what they are saying then sometimes i think a little harder about it. But some are just so far fetched. I think the gov. is big conspiracy. They DO cover shit up and only let us hear what we want to hear and believe what they want us to believe. Some people believe that its just people with nothing else better to do, but sometimes their just people who pay a lil more attention then others.
    Nathonsmama

Answer by Nathonsmama at 9:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Like the one where terrorists are bringing over all their pregnant wives so they can raise their heirs inside? Yeah, that one for sure.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:56 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No, because as far as I'm concerned, they don't change anything. JFK is still dead, Germany still lost the war and little green men are not running the planet.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2011