Where do our NATO soldiers come from?

Are they from a particular branch or a branch of thier own...how does it work?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 10:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO#Military_operations
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Thanks Anon but i know what NATO is, what i'm wondering is how our soldiers or which are selected to take part in those operations.
    UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• http://www.usanato.army.mil/

I found this, but it doesn't answer your question. It just shows that the Army has troops in NATO. I have searched every way I can think of, but no mention of exactly how a soldier is chosen. I only know for sure that the Army is involved.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Thanks Jesse.
    UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• NATO alliance troops train together in the US and abroad (Germany, UK, etc) There are all branches... Air Force, Marines, Army, etc... So, for example, Germany commits troops to train with the US, UK, etc and learn to fly operations together. US, UK, etc all do this as well. So the NATO troops come from the respective governments through a commitment made by either training missions or operational engagements. Does that help? Not sure how to answer this...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• grlygrlz is correct! They come from all branches in all countries. The countries share bases and leadership. My husband was recently deployed to Afghanistan. He was NATO. The Air Force sort of lent him to NATO..the Air Force paid his salary/benefits. He was deployed to a French base. The food was British provided. My husband had 6 Belgian bodyguard's and his commander was Hungarian. It was neat. He has some really cool awards that most people will never have...kind of a once in a lifetime "job."

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My husband volunteered for the "job" and he was selected from a group.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2011