Spin off of another question--What do you call your kids private parts? adult content

I have called my DS's penis his penis since day one, it never occured to me to call it anything else. I have seen so many moms on here call the kiddos privates everything from wee wee to vajayjay.. I finally asked my doctor if that is what you should do. She said call it what it is. What do you call it? If you don't call it what it is WHY? I am just wondering why so many people have a problem with the correct term,,,no bashing, just trying to see it from a different point of view.

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 10:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• hahaha..i think you know!!!

it completely grates on my nerves to hear my 50yo dh refer to his as a 'peepee'...like that's gonna make me want anything to do with it??
    and yes, after 7yrs of complaining about it, he still calls it what his mother called it. not sexy.
    my family was abhorred when i told my niece, at 3 1/2, what a vagina was and where babies came from (geographically, not sexually) during the labor/delivery of my nephew. she had questions, i had answers!! and at 11yo, she still knows who's gonna tell it to her straight. me.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:11 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• we use jayjay for my dd and it was easier for her to say at the time when shes a lil older we will use the correct term..if this one is a boy then idk wat else to call it ..i think alot of ppl us other terms bc they think its cute to call it something else..or mayb just awkward to say vagina and penis in public.who knows i think just say wat it is
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• pee pee...for my girl and boys...my So's kids mom calls the vagina a butterfly and a penis a monkey...It made me laugh the first time I heard it.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We use correct terms and our son does too. I think by using correct terms we are telling him we are open and he can talk to us. I also think if god forbid something happens, he can tell an adult using correct terms.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I also use the correct term.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We call them penis and "china" (my mispronunciation of vagina when I was little - and that's simply what I've called it ever since, but I also taught my kids the correct word)

Answer by missanc at 10:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• penis scrotum....why make up a nick name??
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:10 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We use the anatomical terms.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I use the correct term. I know other parents that call the private parts by other names. I didn't like that.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 10:11 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My daughter started calling her vagina a butt, and her butt a tushie. I never corrected her. She talked about it all the time and I thought it was better that other people didn't realize what she was really saying. My husband, who has issues, wanted her to call her vagina her FRONT!! Isn't that the craziest thing?! By 3 she was calling it by the right name.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:12 AM on Jun. 14, 2011