Wedding gift?

My daughter is getting married in a few months and I don't know what to buy them as a wedding gift. They are not registered anywhere and when asked she shrugs her shoulders. Any ideas?

CometGirl

Asked by CometGirl at 10:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Shopping

• I dont think the gift has to be anything enormously expensive. You could make them something meaningful, like a photo album of both of them from birth up to the wedding. You could purchase unique, special dishes for them to use on special occasions, you can pay for their Hotel for the honeymoon. Good luck!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• depends on your budget and factors like if they already live together, what do they really need, maybe a check to help pay for the wedding....maybe buy her dress, the cake, ect......these are all factors when deciding the wedding gift from a parent....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Maybe she's not answering you because she expects you to know what she wants, or to pay for something big. A part of the wedding expense, a honeymoon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I agree with above anon. You can't just buy her something off her registry like any old guest. It has to be something much more from you. Unless you are already paying for the wedding, then that is enough, no additional gift needed.
    Anonymous

• Are you paying for the wedding? If not, it needs to be something big, like furniture or help with a down payment on a home.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:19 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Gift Card always works. That way she won't get a duplicate and can get what she really wants that is what I would do :)
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• you can pay for part of the honeymoon or her wedding dress?
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 7:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2011