Can i ask my dr to restrict my activities?

I am 25 weeks and have been having braxton hicks and cramping since 12 weeks. At my 1st ultrasound i had a little bit of placenta tearing that was fixed by my next appointment. I have scoliosis and this is my 3rd pregnancy so its twice as hard on my body not to mention i work as an assistant manager in retail so im on my feet 35 hours a week. My manager pretty much told me unless i have a dr note i have to do everything in my job description including freight and floor changes. at the end of every shift i can barely walk my back and hips are in so much pain. My last pregnancy i went a few weeks early and i wasnt working but i was taking care of my son who was then 2. Now being the only one working and taking care of my hsuband and now 4 year old son and making sure my house is in order im afraid im going to have this baby too early. I also have a little bit of asthma and ive been having trouble breathing since 3 or 4 months. ive explained all this to my dr at every monthly check up and all ive gotten was a maternity belt and an inhaler. i dont know where to go from here but i dont want to have my daughter prematurely. what would you do?.,.......i had some bad braxton hicks last night and a few this morning and called my dr. She had me come in for a stress test which showed i wasnt having real contractions and took a swab of my cervix to make sure im not going to go into premature labor. she also made me give a urine sample for the second time to see if i have a bladder infection that can also cause crampin which came back negative last time. She said no excercising this week and to take it easy and rest but i can do everything im supposed to at work ( i.e freight lifting cleaning running back a forth etc. and standing on my feet for 8.5 hour shifts)and i need to come in for another stress test next week. does this sounds right? im really confused if im supposed to be relaxing and taking it easy how can i continue to be working normally? should i see another dr?

jaismama

Asked by jaismama at 10:11 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes and he will. Call now.
    daps

Answer by daps at 10:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I would. I was waiting tables for fun when i had my 4th son - I got a drs note allowing me to have small snacks mid shift, and to sit while I was rolling silver at the end of the night.
    Your dr may not realize your work situation, you have to tell him and ask for what you need.

Answer by missanc at 10:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Do you have disability insurance with your job? Have a very long talk with your doctor about what you do for a living,, but please be careful momma, it is illegal for them to fire you for pregnancy, but they might try to find a way around it, if they are not family friendly, and it seems to be your supervisor may be one of those idiots who would look for a way out.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'd ask directly for the note. If that doctor won't give it to you, find another that will.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• just be direct ansk dr. good luck and congrats!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• yes you could ask or just restrict yourself also
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 3:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2011