My dd ripped the webbing that is between her lip and her gums

She bumped it on the window sill and it ripped. its on her upper lip. will it heal on its own or do I need to take her to the doctors?? I would ask the doctor but I know they would tell me to come in, even if I didnt really need to.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:28 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• It will heal.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• That happened to me when I was really little. It grows back. But call just in case....
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• It happened to me as a kid too. It will heal up.
    geekymommy2019

Answer by geekymommy2019 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• It will heal
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:32 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Ouchie! I'd just give the nurses a quick call at the doctor's office and see what they have to say. Hope it heals soon, makes me whince just thinking about it!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 10:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Both my sons did that when they were close to a year old. It's fine, it wil heal. Check to see if she chipped a tooth. That was the only thing my Dr. wanted to know. My oldest did and they just sanded the rouigh edge off.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• OUCH!!!! It should heal
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I did so when I was younger and again as an adult. WHen I was little I fell into a chair from jumping around. it didnt' grow back, however it healed fine. As an adult a drunk driver blew a stop sign and I t boned him. Thankfully the only damage to me was a bloody lip and a painful nose from punching myself in the face when the airbag went off (my car was a completely loss). Anyways, it ripped that flab of skin again during he accident. Most of it is gone now, but a tiny bit at the top healed and still connects my lip and gums. It's completely fine, didn't result in anything major. Unless the bleeding hasn't stopped there is no reason to seek a doctor for it really. Try to ice it to keep swelling down around the lip area.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:02 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Oooooh, ahhhhh, ouch! Poor baby! I'm guessing it will heal, but it's always a good idea to call and double check on these things! U don't HAVE to go in if u don't want! Tell them, u don't think she needs to come in but u would like some friendly advice over the phone, GL, and kisses, for the wounded!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:06 AM on Jun. 14, 2011