Looking for some cancer fundraising ideals!

I just located another moms request/question for slogans for a fundraiser.... great idea. I have been going crazy in trying to come up with things to do and everything I've tried I can't get the local support for and there are only so many candy bars we can sell...lol

Mommy_Aiken

Asked by Mommy_Aiken at 10:31 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Health

• Have you tried to rent out a party center? Have it catered, have a silent auction, side boards etc. They do have experience, and will help with ideas for you.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• When my big sister had cancer we did the same thing. We searched for different ways to raise money. I found my business. It takes not giving up and staying consistent. Most of all you have to believe in what you are doing.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:46 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'd focus in on a particular type of cancer, it makes it easier to develop ideas. Ex: Breast cancer, Partner with a local lingerie store for them to donate a percentage of bra sales for one day in exchange for your advertising the event. Win Win situation, you just have to pitch it right.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• find a retailer to donate items for raffles. also do 50/50's
    misha230

Answer by misha230 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I've never had issues when in the past doing it with my kids it's just that this year I tried it as a team leader and wow what a difference... needing something that we all can do makes a big difference.
    Mommy_Aiken

Comment by Mommy_Aiken (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Have you ever heard of Scentsy? My stepdaughter has Scentsy parties and everyone seems to like them. If you don't know what it is, it is basically a line of scented waxes and electric burners (very low voltage). They have all kinds of designs, wall plugs, even stuffed animals that can carry a scentsy pack inside to make it smell good. I have 3 in my house already, with several different scents and a wall plugin. You might want to check it out! My husband teaches ROTC and he is planning to do a fundraiser this fall with Scentsy!
    Lynda-Lou

Answer by Lynda-Lou at 11:18 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Looking for an exciting NEW fundraiser? Usborne Books and More has just announced a brand new fundraiser! "Cards for a Cause" offers groups the opportunity to sell two beautifully boxed sets of greetings cards. There are two boxes to choose from, an All Occasion set and a Children's set. Each box contains 30 beautifully embellished cards and each card is individually wrapped in the keepsake box . It includes a matching decorated envelope as well!

Each boxed set is only $30, which equates to a dollar a card! A great deal for the quality of cards!!!

The organization receives a cash back return of 43% on each box. Basically, for every box sold, your organization earns $13 per box!

For more information on this program, or Usborne Books Book Fair programs, please email me at lovekidsbooks@yahoo.com and I would be happy to mail out information to you today!

Donna Lorch, M.Ed
    BookLovingMom

Answer by BookLovingMom at 8:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2011