I have Mirena birth control and I got it 6 months ago and I bleed alot. Does anyone else have this problem?

My doctor told me I would have irregular bleeding for the 1st few months but it has been 6 months. I spot some days and bleed heavy others but the bleeding only stops for a few days at a time. I feel like I have been bleeding non-stop for 6 months. Ans when I have sex the bleeding gets worse. I have checked the IDU and it seams to be fine but I was wondering about the bleeding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Health

• I answered a question similar to this the other night... I had an IUD about five years ago.. It lasted about three months.. I developed a bad infection and had to have it removed on emergency.. I never did quit bleeding from mine.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2008