Let me set something straight here

I am pregnant, I am the one going to go through labor, I am going to be the mom, I am going to be the one taking care of the baby.

So that means if I dont want certain people at the hospital it is MY choice, if I dont want certain people coming to visit the baby until I think it is time they should, that is MY choice, if I dont want to keep what certain people buy My baby, that is MY choice...

I just wanted to get that off my chest because some people are upset that this is MY baby and not theirs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• – collapse
    Wow! ungrateful and cranky!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• well i'm sure none of us are the ones you need to tell this to...and they won't read it on here, so get to steppin', momma. they can't read your mind.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• thinking momzilla
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 10:35 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I was the same way but it does no good unless you tell the people who need to hear it. I simply told them if you don't respect my wishes and show up anyway, you will be removed by hospital staff.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• – collapse
    wow, bitchy much?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• that's the same way I felt!! lol.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 10:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I agree!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I would say I agree with some of what you are saying but if you don't want to keep what someone gives you, say "no thank you" or except in graciously. With gifts, just because it's not what you wanted, it doesn't mean you have to be rude to them. But yes, everything else is true, you and the one in labor, you get to decide who comes to the hospital while you are there. Then in YOUR home YOU get to decide who visits
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Not sure what the situation is but yes it's your choice and you can even tell the nurses at the hospital if you want to allow visitors or not.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• You go, girl!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 10:45 AM on Jun. 14, 2011