WTH is up with my tingly thigh?

I've had it for about 6 months when laying on one particular side...but now at 10 weeks pregnant no matter what side I sleep on I get this tingly, creepy crawling feeling int he upper part of my right thigh only. Today its also when I am sitting ont he couch,or driving....it's driving me NUTS!

I have my first appointment Friday but Ive already lost sleep and want to know what I can do for this annoying tingle that now wont go away.

stephanieplante

Asked by stephanieplante at 10:45 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be the sciatica nerve. It is probably caused by the way the baby is laying.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• There's a possibility that one of the disks in your back has become dislodged, causing it to rub against a nerve traveling down your leg. Or the sheer weight of your pregnancy is causing pinching of that nerve. I had sciatica while I was pregnant, and it was not only annoying but painful. Hopefully it will go away after the baby is born! Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• ive had this before the baby though....the pregnancy is just aggrivating it. how can they treat sciatica?
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• This is exactly, and I do mean EXACTLY, where and how my fibromyalgia started.

For me, I've been med free for 27 days, and I have found that extra vitamin D (sunlight) has helped me tremendously!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• matobe...you know when its sunny and Ive spent time outside I have noticed a diffrence and less of the "tingle" and "creepy crawly" feeling when laying down. right now th weather's been crappy and its been more noticeable. i'll look up fibromyalgia and see what I might be contendeding with. my only other thought is that since I have a disorder that causes tumors to grow on the nerves maybe I have one on my nerves under the skin
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011