Family Question - Just curious...

I'm a Real Estate agent and my niece called me asking for me to look for homes for her to rent under 850 (had to be under 850!). I did a lot of research and sent her pics of homes and did about 30 min. worth of work.... I found out through my mom that she found one on her own for $1000. I know she received the e-mail

She never sent a "thanks" reply or anything... Just wondering... Do you consider this rude? It kinda hurt my feelings.. I could have helped her - I just hope she doesn't bug me in the future.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• very rude! She could have at least said thanks for going to the trouble to help me. Some people r just ungrateful.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:55 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Family, can't pick'em...
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 10:50 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I was rude that she didn't say thank you, yes. Maybe she though you could get a better deal than what she was finding - like something really AMAZING for 850 since you were an agent?

Answer by missanc at 10:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• that was rude and had it been anyone else you might be able to get a fee for the work you did.
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 10:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• It was rude, but, unfortunately for professionals with a certain skillset, it happens. My DH is an attorney and he gets hit up for free legal advice all the time--usually he gives it--then people go hire their own lawyer.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• granted it would have shown more class for her to send you a thank you, and she still might. She's busy moving, that's a nightmare.

sorry you did some work that you don't feel properly thanks for (as of yet anyway) but it doesn't sound like something that's worth getting too upset over. It's not worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2011