• In the Spotlight:

Was your husband/SO at your baby shower?

I know guys don't usually attend them and I invited all women but asked my husband to stay because well, he's the daddy! But then I heard that even fathers aren't usually there so then I felt bad about it lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• no but my bf brother was lol
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• He went to one of them, the one with his family. Half of them only speak Spanish, and I have a VERY limited Spanish vocabulary, so he went along to translate haha. He had to work during the other two, but he would have gone if he could have :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• He didnt with our son but was for our daughter, We had a co-ed baby shower for our daughter and he had a blast going in and playing all the games and things. Back in the day it was unheard for a man to attend a baby shower but with the new age its a lot more common which I think is great, it's not just us women who are having children

Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 6:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My SO and my childs god father attended the baby shower. I dont see anything wrong with it. At that time, when I was very pregnant and very moody, I needed him to keep me calm.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• He came in when it was almost over. Just in time to have cake and load the van with all the goodies.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 7:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My husband was there. We invited all sorts of guys because most of my friends are in fact male.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• In all honesty,my shower was a huge suprise but my MIL didnt want to exclude anyone from my babyshower, my MIL invited everyone, husband was there, male cousins, uncles, male friends etc etc. It made everything even better because we were all together and we ALL enjoyed ourselves. I am glad she did that too!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Mine was not. They don't have babyshowers in the country where he is from and he was actually really against me having one. I was sooo mad! I had one anyway, but he didn't act excited about any of the presents or anything. It was a complete pride issue for him; he felt that he was the one who should have bought everything we needed for the baby. Oh...and registering!? Forget about it! He had an attitude the whole time; he thought that it was so dumb and a huge consumerism trap. Looking back, I agree with him about that part, but he still didn't have to be such a jerk about it. :) I love him anyway!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 7:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• wouldnt be caught dead and we had a fight about it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Mine did
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2008