FOR SAHMS! do you ever feel like ur husband dislikes you spending his money?

how do u deal with it? i told my hubby that i will stop cleaning and keeping track of the bills! he changed quick!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• He shouldn't you do all the work at home somebody has to do this unless he wants to hire a maid. Being a SAHM is hard work it it self. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My husband says it's ours but I feel guilty honestly!!!! Like with Christmas I dont see it as we bought these things I see it as he did it since he made the money sadly enough bought his own gifts too!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 6:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• well i know that he keeps track of it all where its getting spent but i normally spend it with him i dont go out by myself and do it, so no money problems here.
    lol...maybe if i told my hubby ill stop cleaning for OTHER things he might shape up!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Honestly, when I didn't have a job I spent all the money he made like there was no tomorrow. But after I got a job and brought home $$, I was way more concerned with our spending. I feel like such an ass spending and spending when I wasn't really contributing.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I don't feel bad at all, I bust my ass raising our three kids and keeping up the house. He tried to say it was his money and his house a few times. But I simply reminded him that if it wasn't for me marrying his sorry ass he'd be in the barracks and making over a thousand dollars less a month. He got the picture

Iviemg

Answer by Iviemg at 6:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It's "our" money. We are a team, a partnership. What's mine is his and what's his is mine. Change the way you think about "your" money. When you speak of the family finances, use the word "our." He will get the idea. You don't have to hit him over the head with the new terminology. You can be very subtle. Every time you think "his" money, pinch yourself so as to make you think "our." Best wishes.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Dh hands over his check minus what he needs for the week (gas lunch etc) I pay the bills with it, buy the food, clothing and all that stuff. He knows where it goes and he has never given me on bit of flack about spending the money. he eats too he uses the water electric heat and he doesn't have to run around after a 2 year old all day. He kinda likes the deal.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Truthfully I HATE asking my SO for money no matter what it is for, I am sure he doesn't mind and is absolutly fine with me being a SAHM but thats not the point I am EXTERMLY independant and dont like asking anyone for anything at all
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• yeah, he has then i remind him who popped out the kids and who raises them, who keeps the house clean and schedules running, and if he keeps on pissing me off who he's not going to be sticking his tally whacker in.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 9:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I agree wholeheartedly with NannyB.

In our house, we see it as both of our jobs to be parents. His responsibilities include leaving the home and mine involve staying in it. Family income is just that... family income. It pays our family bills and finances our family needs and wants. The fact that the check stubs technically have his name on them really doesn't mean much to us.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008