Do you have a birthday party every year for you child? What years have you missed?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes, every year! this (6th) was the first year we had a class-only party, simply because we now live 4 1/2hrs away from family..so that was weird. but luckily, 10 classmates showed up, so a good time was had by all!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:11 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Every year we have had one. I have 5 kids, my oldest turns 22 this year and is taking vacation on her bday and were having a big party. I have never missed one for any of the 5 kids or 2 grandkids in 22 yrs.

Answer by gemgem at 11:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My almost-9 year old does not want a party this year. We've offered and he's waved it off. He has a summer birthday and the two best friends he really wants to attend something with him will be away most of the summer. However, we do a big family dinner, make a fuss over him the full day and do something special. This year we're taking him to a minor league ball game where we've made arrangements for him to throw out the first pitch! He's so excited!

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• WOW Ldmrmom! Can I come? LOL
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yes we have a party for them every year weither it be a small little one with just our family or one with family and friends :)
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• NO.

Our kids have a choice: Party or Big Ticket item.

IF they want a party... THAT is their gift from us and what ever gifts they get at the party.

IF they want something special (big item).... the choose to forgo the party and get that item.

I havent thrown a party in years because the children have chosen to get big gifts instead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yes- My kids get a birthday party every year. Our family LOVES birthdays.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We only recently started doing parties. When my older kids were toddler/preschool age we had my friend's kids come over for cake and had some streamers but that was about it. My soon to be 11yo (her birthday is in 2 weeks) has my friend over for cake on her 1st birthday, had a big family party at my inlaws at 2, small party with my friend's kids at 3 and 4. Hasn't had a party since. 9 1/2 yo son hasn't had a party yet (there was one birthday (2nd I think) that the neighbor girl came over. 8 1/2yo had half the neighborhood over for her last birthday (her 1st party) and the same for the 5yo (her first party). I'm planning on inviting all the kids in the neighborhood for the youngest son's 1st birthday. Just for cake, then they go back outside, lol. We normally take the kids out to eat for their bdays, then cake, presents and no chores for the day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• LOL! sure. ;)

It's a single A team and they offer a package for $50. they have a few people throwing the first pitch out there at a time. They get to meet a player, have their photo taken with their player partner on the field, throw the ball, get it autographed and keep it. Oh and they're going to put his name (and happy 9th birthday) on the big screen. I'm excited for him! LOL!

we've often done a big 'thing' with a couple of friends joining in. DS has done a pirate ship cruise with 3 friends. DD has done Build a Bear with a friend. It's cheaper and they're more fun. Last year DD had a tea party at home. she wants to do it again this year.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Considering that a birthday party to me is cake, ice cream, presents and guests, then yes, we have a party every year.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011