Do you go to your family reunions much?

Do you take your boyfriends?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:10 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• We haven't had a family reunion since I was in my mid 20's (I'm 49 now). We used to go, damn......now I'm missing them...LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:12 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yes, I go - no, I have never taken a bf and wouldn't unless he were my fiancee.

Answer by missanc at 11:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We only started having them once I was married.... so I cant speak to ME... how ever here is my opinion:

IF it is a vacation type reunion (spending a week somewhere) then you do NOT take a boyfriend unless you are engaged. It would be inappropriate to make others vacation with him unless he was joining the family.

IF it is a one day type of reunion (like at a park) I wouldnt take him unless he was a serious boyfriend.  If you took him it would be a GREAT litmus test to see if he was marriage material.

IF you have kids... you shouldnt be including a boyfriend in ANY family function unless you are thinking he is the one you want to marry.  That is not good parenting.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• my family doesn't have them.

I didn't bring my boyfriends around most of my family much. I figured why add that kind of stress to my relationship? My mother met DH once before I married him. Mostly because he lived out of state.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I brought my bfs over the years because I needed to know if he would still be with me after seeing serious dysfunctional people and the only one that did stick around has been around for 7 years now....
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 1:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I can't anymore, and yes, I took my boyfriend (now husband) to the only one we had while we were dating.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yes, we have a family reunion every year and every year I take my SO. The first year I didn't because we'd only been together a few months and as soon as I got the notice he immediately told me not to bother asking him because he'd feel uncomfortable around my very large family so soon after starting our relationship.
    Anonymous

• I just went to one this past weekend lol. I always take my dh when he's not working. We didn't attend before I was married, but I would have taken him then. I wish my dad's family would get together for one. Maybe I will try to get one organized lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2011