Did Dr. Jack Kevorkian ethically serve the best interests of his patients? or his own?

Dr. Kevorkian recently past on June 3, 2011. God rest his soul.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it pretty hard to determine what is the media going crazy and what actually happened BUT on that note, my mom said if she was every NO brain wave what so ever to go through the proper channels and pull the plug :( I hate to even think about it, but she said what kind of life would she have really? My point is that she MIGHT come back or pull through folks do all the time, but it such a thin line between honoring loved ones wishes and being selfish. I think this will always be a double edged sword.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:18 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• How was it in his best interest that he assist people dying? It was in the interest of the person that requested his services.  He did what was requested of him.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• well..considering the patients went to him for help, i do think he was trying to serve the best interest of his patients.

I just saw all of his paintings at my Friend's Armenian museum, i also attended a lecture that he did there a while back. He is an amazing human being.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:23 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If you're suggesting he enjoyed killing his patients, then I don't agree with that. I think he really wanted to help them and I think he should have been able to do so legally. It's a shame that people who are suffering aren't allowed to die on their own terms.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Was he out to get the publicity?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I completely supported his work. I have been by many deathbeds of those I love. What they went through and how they suffered was horrible. I know if I were in that position I would want the option to end the suffering. I feel he did a wonderful service to his patients, may he rest in peace.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No I think he had a genuine interest in helping people and wanting all to have freedom of choice over their own bodies. I do not think he was out for attention or anything self-serving but to help people do what they felt they needed and that was to choose to end a life of pain and suffering and go onto better things. IMO.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Did you know that most of is patients were not even sick, but were depressed and disabled?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/221146/dr-death-returns/wesley-j-smith
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I believe he was! Personally I've always been a fan of what he did.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2011