Back to square 1

hey my son is 2 months old he recently got sick with a viral infection at least thats what doc said hes gotton this twice already and the symptoms never really disappered. fussiness,abdominal pain, gassiness,and diareah so all these symptoms caled for comforting which i dont mind at all but (NO BASHING PLZ) when he was a newborn i let him sleep on my chest (im a very light sleeper) he just wouldnt let me put him down at all No Joke i felt like my arms were gonna fall off i was doing housework with one hand.
anyways couple weeks after that i got him used to sleeping on his own bc i need to do stuff around the house and i cant do it if hes used to sleeping with me not to mention studying for school. well he got sick its lasted for a month diareah was off and on i now think his viral infection gave him secondary lactose intolerance (hurt his intestines where he process lactose) so now i have him on nutramigen to see if he gets better its only been one day so i cant tell but now hes used to sleeping with me again bc i felt the need to comfort him bc he couldnt sleep on his own :( i feel so bad for him hes been through hell with gas and stuff since he was born:( i want my baby to feel better. i hate to see him in pain. so now he seems a little better and i give him gas drops before bed. well now im trying to train him to sleep on his own and omg talk about sleep depervation he used to only wake up once during the night sleeping on his own and now he just wants me....any advise on how to get him adjusted easier with no tears and faster??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both my kids were colic and had acid reflux. It absolutely infuriated me when people would tell me to let them cry it out. Or "oh no you should not be sleeping with them" At 2 months your baby can not be spoiled so he's obviously uncomfortable. I am a firm believer that if a child is not sleeping there is a reason why. I say, Comfort your baby when he needs and it and don't worry about getting him on a sleep schedule until he gets better. However, I know this is difficult when you have stuff to do, my LO is 11 months and still a pain in the butt. Can you use a carrier for when you want to get stuff done. My heart goes out to you because I KNOW how you feel. I"m sorry. GL.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• thank u so much for understanding :) a carrier? i usually put him in his little vibrating/bouncer thing (idk what to call it) during the day i put him in his swing for naps then at night i put him in his basinett and put it beside my bed. i always comfort him when he needs it bc i know how it feels to be in pain and have nobody there..... now when he wasnt sick i would put him in his bassinett and let him wine until he actually started crying then i would pick him up and comfort him then get him drowsey and put him back in there a couple times of this and he slept the whole night and only woke up once at 2 am for a feeding.i tryed looking for a sling but hes getting to the point of where if i hold him for to long while standing i get a killer bachache omg
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I meant like a a carrier where you can hook him in front of you. Unfortunately sometimes its just time. But before you know it he will be running around the house making a mess!!! Hang in there. If you ever want to chat, feel free to message me.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011