My son will be 1 next month and he still has so much trouble sleeping!

my son is 11 months and he still wakes up once or twice a night and has trouble sleeping during the day. it's so exhausting! I feel like it's never going to end...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does he have a routine - that always helped my kids, to know when it was time to sleep vs time to be awake.

Answer by missanc at 11:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I hear ya Mommy... email me if you want to chat about it - I can give you tips or support
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I feel your pain! I have 11 mo old twins, 1 sleeps well, the other never sleeps (or so it seems). I feel lucky to get him to take two 30 min naps during the day, and we're up several times a night too.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:22 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My son will be 1 on July 14th and he is the same way. Was yours ever colic? I KNOW that thats why mine is the way he is. I think eventually they will grow out of it. Try not and compare him to other babies. Thats what I do sometimes and it makes me crazy.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My second daughter was the same way. After she turned one and started cow's milk she started sleeping through the night. Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:37 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Aw I HATED the sleepless nights! I don't think people can truly understand unti they are on lack of sleep for months on end. Something that worked for my baby. We did a strict routine. As they get older/used to it you don't have to stay as strict. Also I don't know if youa re nursing/feeding him when he wakes up but we had to stop that. I kept thinking he was hungry so I'd feed him and put him back to sleep. NOT A GOOD IDEA! haha! Also...hang in there...and try to get help from your SO if you can overnight. Have him pat the baby back to sleep. Thats another thing we did...never picked him up outo f his crib. We would just pat and soother from the outside. It's tough in the beginning but really paid off for us. Good luck!
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• my daughter is 2 and has a sleeping disorder. she always wakes up in the middle of the night...at least 2 or 3 times a night. and she refuses to take naps during the day, she gets about 5 hours of sleep a day shes up between 7-8. her doctor recommended melatonin. but i would deff consult your doctor about it. there may be other things causing it.
    myangel02

Answer by myangel02 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2011