Benefits of an ocd child

share the good things about having an ocd child.

two of my three have ocd tendencies....  they are always clean (negative nellies would call it germaphobia), they are A students (some would call them perfectionists), if they want to learn how to do something they dont quit until they succeed, they follow rules (to the extreme)....... LMBO.... I really see no down side.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Idk, I am ocd and ocd people generally have a it's black or white attitude with no gray and it kind of sucks. Plus ocd people are not just clean as you put it, they ARE germaphobes. So while it may have some small benefits, it has many downsides. Being a perfectionist sucks too btw.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My middle child has some ocd in him and when he was in 2nd grade we ended up taking him to a therapist because he could not control the perfectionist side of himself. He was so stressed at school if he didn't get all A's that he started losing weight and was sad all the time. Now he is almost 13 and has learned to deal with the ocd. He is still a perfectionist and he still excels at everything he does, which is great. He is kind and gentle and loving and I would not change him for anything in the world. He is a great kid and has learned how to control his ocd, so hopefully as an adult he will lead a productive, happy life!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2011