How soon do I move back in?

My boyfriend and I were fighting alot, it got to the point where he was screaming at me and calling me every name in the book. I'm only about 6 weeks pregnant so I didn't want to be stressed out, so I left. I have been staying with family, but now he wants me to move back in. It's only been a week and a half. He didn't have a job before I left but now he has one and it seems like he is trying to change. I'm just worried if I go right back that everything will just go back to how it used to be, and I definatly don't want that. How could I be sure that he isn't going to go back to how he used to be (because this whole thing happened before and he went right back to how he was as soon as I came back) and that he is going to try change?

Megan1213

Asked by Megan1213 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• If this has happened before chances are he won;t change...not without some counseling or something. He will "change" long enough to get you back.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If this thing he does is a on going problem. You need to rethink being with him. Stop going back to him.

Answer by louise2 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I totally agree with happymama. He needs help. If he doesn't get it then you will be in the same situation. Trying to change isn't good enough, he needs to make a complete turnaround and show you that he's done it for a while. You don't want to be stuck there with 3 little kids and no where to go later on. Make him work for the relationship. If you don't, he knows you will just go away and come back.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• How do I get him to get help? I have asked him to before and he says he will but never does and if I keep telling him about it he says I'm nagging and that all I want him to do is change, but thats not true. I only want him to change two things and thats to stop smoking and get help. I'm so confused I love him, but I'm just over all this.
    Megan1213

Comment by Megan1213 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Don't go back...anyone can change for a little while. I would tell him he has "X" amount of time to get help and until then you can not be with him. You could see him for dates but nothing else. If he doesn't do that then you must be strong for your baby and leave for good!! Good Luck mama!! I would get myself into a group of some sort like ALANON so you get what you need as well!
    If you need an ear, message me!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Thanks mkdirector2011
    Megan1213

Comment by Megan1213 (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• you went through this once before and now you are thinking of going back to go through it all over again?

I wouldn't!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Tell him if he loves u he will have to change a few things before you move back in with him & when you do see the change then you can decide to move back in with him but only if he proves it to you that he has changed!!!!
    a41bsb197880

Answer by a41bsb197880 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• look into groups for him...maybe anger management or something...if he has options he has no excuses...and if he still refuses then don't go back.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Seems too early to me.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2011