• In the Spotlight:

My 9 year old sister is out of control!! HELP!!!

So the other day I saw my sister with a piece of paper and I went to look at it and she says no dont look its my codes for stardoll.com. So I left it alone, later I saw it again and it had my & my dads credit card #'s!!!!! She lives with her mom and comes to our house on the weekends. I feel grounding is not going to fit the crime! This needs to stop I have a 2 yr old daughter!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would check your credit card statement and have your dad do the same. If there are any purchases on there that you didn't do then make a claim. Eventually you might even have to get the police involved. Since she is only 9 she should only get probation for a couple months. And maybe only court ordered counceling. It won't go on her permenent record. But she does need to know that what she's doing is not right or cool.

Good Luck I hope you can get it resolved.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• check your statements, talk to your dad, adn then sit her butt down and tell her that the next time she pulls a stunt like that, you are going to beat her butt. she's your sister, but she does not have the right to steal from you. and i'd be sure her mother knows that does this happen again, you will be pressing charges.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I would spank her she isn't to old. I don't know if you believe in that or not but she needs to know that this is serious! There is no telling what is going on with her. She is seeking attention and no one is noticing. Find out what is going on with her on a personal level and just talk to her.
    God Bless
    FanofJesus

Answer by FanofJesus at 11:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Tell your dad. You basically saw a possible crime (stealing) and if you don't do something about it, you're in the wrong.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• It isn't your place to punish her but your fathers & her mothers (what does you having a young child have to do with it?). I would definitely not allow her access to a computer anymore. You should keep an eye on any cards you have. It would be appropriate for you to explain to her how upset you are that she lied to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2008