Inducing labor

Anyone have any good ideas. Im 38 weeks and having contractions for a week now, and they just keep sending me home from the hospital.

BayB

Asked by BayB at 6:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sex, walking, and patience (short on that when you're full term, I know).
    Hang in there, mommy! Sending you some labor dust! =) Just remember, you won't be pregnant forever (even though it seems like it now).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Wait til you're due date. If you're still pregnant, the baby needs to be in there. Home inductions either don't work, or aren't safe. Its too risky IMO. If you wind up needing induced, let your doctor do it where they can monitor you and the baby.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Lots of sex and walking esp if you have hills or stairs - sex is great because your orgasm can bring on contractions and the sperm will thin the lining so I was told
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 6:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• They usually don't keep you at that hospital unless your atleast 4cm dialated
    Anonymous

• Squat as long as you can and as low as you can. You should feel the pressure increase from it and if you squat during contractions it can help make them more effective by utilizing gravity.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 7:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• lots of sex
    :)
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 7:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Sex never worked for me. Walking caused braxton hicks, which are false contractions, and i never tried squats, although i imagine i wouldnt have been able to get out of that position lol. Anyway, you can talk to your dr about induction, if you are already contracting but not going anywhere tell the dr youre ready, i did that 1 week early and im glad i did, my dd was 8 lbs 15 ounces!! I doubt that i couldve handled more.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• http://hencigoer.com/articles/elective_induction/

I think any mom considering elective induction should read this.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 7:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• wait patiently... the baby will come. i promise
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2008