has anyone ever had this problem?

My ex and I do not get along at all .but we have a baby together . .We don't live close to each other so it's hard for him to see the baby . he always plays the victim in the situation and I know hate is such a strong word but that's how I feel about him.So this christmas i told him that i would go to his house so that he could see the baby because he can't take off from work..but i really don't want to ..i will be miserable depending on him for everything .(eating etc). I don't like many people in his family and I want to be around my own family and new boyfriend for christmas ..his family only want the baby so that leaves me with a messed up christmans what should i do..please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Can't you do christmas eve with him and christmas with your own family?
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• can you just do the visit sort of thing?? its not like your being rude or anything, my mother does it all the time, if she has to go to some sort of event that she doesnt feel like going to, she will just show up for the important parts and split! everyone knows she isnt the stay kind of person, so no one expects it, no one gets mad at her either, as long as she at least shows up.
    do the visit first then spend the rest of the day with others you love.
    either that or have him drag his butt to get the baby since it seems like you might be doing visits for his sake in the future, and drop baby back at your house later that day.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• nope because i live about 4 hours away from him
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't have made that aragement. I would told him, when you get some time off come see your child.... If his family want to see the child tell them the same thing.
    It will be at your house, so it will be your rules. Not his

Answer by louise2 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• If he wants to see the baby bad enough he'll find a way. It's his responsibilty not yours. The only responsibilty you have is to allow him to see the baby. Let him figure it and you enjoy your Christmas.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Even if you do live 4 hours away maybe you could go over there the day before christmas Eve, spend the night and then come back later on on Christmas Eve to spend christmas day at your house.
    Anonymous

• if he wants to see the baby he wil find the time to see him there is no reason for you to have to give up your christmas bc he has to work
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I just wouldn't go tell him sorry but if being with his child for X-mas is important enough he will get work off and come see you
    Anonymous

• i agree he needs to take time off and come over your place you shouldnt have to suffer because of his family dont go make him.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 7:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Unless you have a court order to be there or some kind of contract I'd call him up and tell him that you've changed your mind and if he wants to see his baby then he can come and see her. He sounds like my ex brother in law. He doesn't even care about his daughter, he just "wants" to see her to inconvenience my sister. My sister drives 13hrs one way and 13hrs back every weekend. To you 4 hrs is a lot, so do you want to make him think that you'll come whenever he wants? No, he's the "man", tell him to step up and pay his own way. If the family wants to see your baby make them come to YOUR turf. Why should you be subjected to people that don't like you and will possibly be mean to you? If he can't come tell him "Sorry for your luck." and send him some pictures. Good luck mama!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2008