Homeowners......please help.....

Hello...i am recently divorced. I have two beautiful daughters ages 10 and 13. I am buying a new home...should be closing July 22nd if all goes as planned. My question is....

Can any of you give me ideas on quick, easy and inexpensive ideas for sprucing up my home, money saving ideas....

I am 31, a first time home buyer and have only my income to pay all the bills. How about quick and easy recipes that don't cost alot also...

Thanks in advance!!

Keri

kld1979

Asked by kld1979 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I buy mistint paint. Those are the paints that people have mixed and then don't like the color or whatever. It's usually half of what mixing your own would cost. Try Big Lots, and Fred's for cheap decorations. Yard sales, thrift stores and auctions are also great if you don't mind used stuff. A lot of times you can get some pretty nice stuff for next to nothing. Congratulations on your new home!!! Don't stress, it will all come together.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Paint.

Answer by louise2 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Garage sales to look for furniture & curtains and decorations, watch clearance sales, paint is fairly cheap to redo a room, just know that you can't do everything all at once work up to some things.

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Ask family(friends) members if they have stuff stored away that they are willing to either lend or let you have. Congrats on your new house. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• these are all great ideas esp mistint pait! that's awesome!! do one room at a time. when you get tax money use it wisely. there are great groups on here that share recipies etc..be patient it takes time to build a home. congrats!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have gotten very nice furniture for free!!! I take the things people r getting rid of!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If there are no curtains or blinds on the windows, you can get accordion folded paper temporary blinds at home depot for less than $5 per blind. They stick to the glass and will give you privacy until you get a more permanent window treatment.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Tidy up the front yard and perhaps plant a few coloful annuals.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2011