Does anyone still want used books?

at the book store we don't get much credit for our used books anymore. so we started posting them on ebay. i thought about opening a ebay business account but i don't know if the hard copies would even sell anymore since people are going crazy over e-readers. i love books and hate the e-readers. but i think my love for books is dying and maybe i should stop taking books from people that are wanting to get rid of them. because if i can't sell them then i don't see the point in having a bunch of books i'm not interested in.

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 11:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have an e-reader, but I will still read a free used book. I wouldn't pay money for it though, but I never did.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:50 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i still love books and my hubby does as well! I am not a big fan of e-books. good luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Try selling them on Amazon. Ebay is hard to sell books on. You can also look up bookscouter.com and run the ISBNs through. They have companies that will buy some of the books from you. They pay postage, all you have to do is package and drop off either at the post office or UPS. You can also go online, there are a bunch of websites you can swap books that you no longer want for ones that you do.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• You can trade books you've read with other members at Paperback Swap. It's free and you only pay for postage. Paperback Swap

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I do. I don't like e-readers. In fact I just downloaded the Kindle app for my PC yesterday and was sad to find out the Ebooks were going to cost me LOTS more than the book versions... I'll be sticking to books!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I buy books on ebay
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I like used books, and buy them on Amazon a lot. I HATE e-readers. I like good old fashioned books.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I don't care for e readers. I love books and turning the pages. With old books I am curious who might have read that book before I did. We collect very old books and have an entire book case of very old first editions. My signed first editions of In Cold Blood and Breakfast at Tiffany's are priceless to me. I also have a signed first copy of Gone With the Wind and The Beautiful and the Damned. I love old books my family has found many priceless books at garage sales and given them to me. Some turn out to not be anything special but the Beautiful and the Damned and Gone With the Wind turned out to be the real deal and I love I have them in my collection.

I buy many books from used bookstores and check out many more books from the library. I will never buy an e reader even if current authors only released books as e books. I would simply stick to older books I could find.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 12:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If you just need to get rid of them, donate them to your local library. I don't buy books but I'm a the library every week.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 3:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• our library don't put out books given to them. they don't have the room. they have them in boxes in a room for sell but no one ever goes in there because you have no room to move and it's just a closet with boxes stacked on top of each other.
    oldfashionSAHM

Comment by oldfashionSAHM (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2011