pregnancy and men?

what can a man possibly while a female is pregnant ? I would like to know because when I was pregnant my ex didn't do anything. When i tried to get his family to talk to him..they replied what can he do the baby's not here yet

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• there really isn't much he can do during the pregnancy. Maybe help around the house and take you to some of your appointments during the last trimester, but that's about it...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yeah my SO has learned that if he wants anything done around here he needs to do it because I am 8m and dont have the energy after chasing after a 2yr old and a 1yr old all day. I do what i need to do for the 2 of them and he does the rest.
    Anonymous

• He can do a lot of things. My husband went to every OB appointment we had. He deep cleaned our home to make sure it was ready for our baby. He reminded me to take my vitamins daily (I'm a little spacey about things like that), he helped with the registering for baby gifts, he rubbed my feet and took special care of me, read to our baby in my belly and talked to him a lot, he installed the carseat, picked up the baby furniture and put it together, etc. There are many things your husband can do to get involved before the baby is born. He might just need some encouragement to get started. Let him know continually what a good job he's doing preparing for the baby and being a dad and he'll continue to try to impress his woman.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• mine did all the heavy moving, cleaning, carried in groceries, carried bags (purses)... really anything he could do. and he still does all of the same stuff, with our now 2yr old.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• The dumbest one I heard was then if your man is giving you oral pleasure and accidentally blows air in to your vagina (while you are pregnant) that it will kill you and the baby. I was like WOW well I think it is worth the risk to get a little of that type of quality time., hehehe
    People are so silly
    CountessMommy

Answer by CountessMommy at 11:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would say, help you with stuff around the house, especially in the later months....or maybe tying your shoes for you!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:09 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• He can help around the house, massage your back, legs and feet, cook (because YOU need a break!), go to the appointments, read lots of books, go on walks with you (especially toward the end, when you're hoping to move labor along), and just generally be supportive. I miss those walks. We had some good conversations, and it was nice to just have the alone time without distractions. If you're doing any classes through your hospital during your pregnancy, he can attend those, too, and he can go with you to register for your baby shower, if you haven't done that already.
    The best thing YOU can do (once baby arrives) is give him a chance to let him do things his way. Unless the baby is screaming or in danger, let him try things out. Later, you'll appreciate the help. If you always "rescue" him, he'll check out eventually.
    Good luck, mommy! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2008