Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help

my car died and it was all that we had. right now my so is trying to get work and i am doing an internship. i need to get to work - that isnt hard to walk. but then i need to get to the library across town, the kids' dr. appointments, SO to work on the other side of town. that is so much buss fair and the buss stop at 5:30 here. i tried to take out a student loan and i was told no - i need to pick up for more credits to even talk about getting a student loan, i cannot get anything through DHS because they have no money. if this was august i am starting another bout of course work so i could get a loan and buy a decent car. but no this is june and i am totally up a creek. nither side of the family can help right now so does anyone know of any agencies that could help us?

Answer Question

Asked by MoMoFu at 11:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 19 (7,735 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Try Catholic Charities. If they have the money, they may be able to help. Also look into some churches in your area. Craigslist is good under the Barter category. Maybe you can trade something you have or a skill you or your hubby has for some mechanic work. And remember, if you get another car, you'll need money for registration and stuff, so it's not all just the car. Do you have some things that you could sell? Some electronics or anything that might help build the funds? Good luck

    Answer by attap5 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • Our town and all surrounding areas have a public transportation program. Pay a dollar or 2 a day and they come pick you up and take you to appointments or even grocery shopping. They have several buses, you just have to call and schedule when you need the ride a day or two before. They are also the people that do the safe ride services on the weekends. DHS should have contact information for any of those programs in your area.


    Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • i have a zune without a cord and my broken laptop.... :|

    Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • salvation army or good will may be able to help

    Answer by mkdirector2011 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • how do i ask?

    Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • I have my own business through FHTM a reputable company ten years debt free. Honestly the pay is great, but what I love about it, is that it does not consume much of my time. I also work from home no commuting. If you are interested let me know, it's seems like this might be just what you need.

    Answer by 1northwestmom at 2:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.