Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

She is making me crazy!!!!

My husband's ex is driving me absolutely nuts!!! I cannot deal with her any longer. She makes everything so difficult and I don't know how to handle it. Everytime we come up with an agreement on getting their son, she turns around a few days later and comes up with some excuse as to why things need to change. Then, if we want to stick with the original agreement, she'll refuse to let us have him. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm so stressed out. I have told her to contact my husband on every issue she has but only calls, texts, or Facebooks me. I know the guidelines by heart and I know what is allowed and what is not. But I don't know how to handle the stress she brings to my life!!! Just needed to vent more than anything.....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (12)
  • Cancel her freindhsip from ur FB ... start with this ;) ... she's just jealouse .... ignore her this is the best wepon ..... dont get in touch with her as it's not your son .... why would you accept all this ??

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • I have a great relationship with their son and I have tried to keep the peace for soooooo long because of him. I don't ever want him to look at me like the evil stepmother that she would make me out to be. I guess my relationship with him is more important than the bs she puts me through.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • She needs to talk to your DH not to you you didnt make that child with her your hubby did so just stay out of it & let your hubby deal with her, that's what I do, I'm not going to deal with my DH ex thats their issue, all I do is hug & be supportive to my husband and give my opinion about his DD when he asks me but other then that i dont get in the middle of that. GL!

    Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • I would only let your DH handle her. She's just trying to put you in the middle. As far as changing things around, I would only go with what the custody/visitation order says and not deviate from it. If she refuses to send the children, have copy in hand and call the police. She is not allowed to not send them if it is court ordered that they go.

    Answer by attap5 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • If she's denying court-ordered custody/visitation have your husband take her back to court for contempt. Like the other moms have said, delete (and block if necessary) her from your facebook, refuse her calls, and remove yourself from the middle. If she calls your phone hand it to him, letting him know it's her calling. There is no reason you should be forced to interact with her for any reason.

    You don't say how old the son is but if you have a good relationship with him, he'll soon figure out that she's just spewing garbage about you and it will backfire on her.

    Answer by Rosehawk at 12:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • It's your husband's ex not yours. It's hard wondering what will change and such when there needs to be a change. She can bad mouth all she wants you have a great relationship with him so that means you're important to him. It doesn't matter what she says. I'm sure he looks forward to seeing you that can't really be stopped just cause she said so. Get out of that I had that happen to me before it's intentional to do just this. And do it in a polite way and don't act to concerned about it. Just do it with a laugh or smile. Don't put yourself through this,not worth it!

    Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • cut her out of your life. Dont answer the phone. Block her calls if possible. Delete her off facebook. Have your DH tell her that she should only talk to him. If the visitation problems continue, file for contempt. If you can prove she is bad mouthing you or DH you may have a case to get physical custody switched? Whatever you do, talk to a lawyer. A childs future is at stake. He needs his father just as much as he needs his mother.

    Answer by Ms.Gwen at 12:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • Def make sure you take her off fb. Take her out of the equation so your dh has to deal with her.

    Answer by KyMom24 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • I can see why shes the ex....sounds like a pain in the butt she is!

    Answer by mitchellb at 1:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • You knew what you were getting into when you married a man with a child already. Just saying. I don't mean to sound rude, I am just saying my thoughts.

    Answer by november182011 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Overweight hubby?

Next question overall (General Parenting)
Cute DH