Reusing refrigerated formula

couple baby formula questions i use the nutramigen powder kind.my babys 2 months old.

I dont want to waste the formula and my child has irregular feeding times and sometimes he drinks 3 ounces and leaves a little bit left....then sometimes he drinks 4?? how in the world do i know how much to give him? i sometimes just put 2 ounces in there but knowing my luck he only drinks an ounce to get to sleep ugh.

can i refrigerate this stuff if he doesnt drink all of it then give it to him for his next feeding?
i have heard its bad due to bacteria....and i cant warm this new nitromigen because it kills off the lgg in it.
can my child get sick off of feeding him used refrigerated formula?
does anyone do this and had any problems?
I also heard they just tell u to do this bc u will waste more and have to buy more formula so its just the company tricking u into thinking this so u`ll buy more. is that true?
does a bottle warmer kill off bacteria?
OK this might me a dumb question but is there any way u can kill the bacteria?
also i have the powdered formula....can i make a large container of it and stick it in the fridge and use it before 24 hours? if so can i use a container from home like a regular bottle (not baby bottle)or a tea bottle and put like 16 ounces in it? if so how can i make it stay sterile in fridge so i can just open it up and pour in babys bottle? i seem to make a mess with powder and i hate hate hate wasting it. its ssoooo expensive.

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its expensiv but you bb health is more expensiv thn anything in the world , i know that when you need to feed him you prepare it at time .. Fridg if full of bachteria and mixed powder will generate that bachterai as well .. but you might hv more answers ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If the baby has used that bottle no you can't refrigerate it. You shouldn't give him cold formula because that can upset his tummy. You'll just have to do what you can. Good luck!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011