Do you "look down" on single mothers? Mothers walking around with children, but no ring on?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 12:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• uh...no. i was a single mother when i threw my abusive, mean drunk-ass husband out of the house when he became physically violent. THAT took strength and courage to divorce him and start over.
    Anonymous

• HAha... I don't always wear my ring and I have been married for 12 years. I am a potter and the ring gets in the way.

And to be honest, I don't think I have EVER noticed if someone was wearing a ring or not.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have a full life and am very busy. I don't have time to worry how others live. My younger sister is 21 and has two kids ages 4 and 3. She has it in her head everyone is judging her and spending their entire day thinking about her and her life. I am sure there are some who are busy bodies but she can never tell me a single instance of someone actually judging her. I was at Target with her last year and a woman made a face my sister assumed it was about her. The woman was on her cellphone so she was likely responding to something being said to her. My sister confronted the woman like a moron and the poor woman said she had no clue what she was talking about she just was told her father was in the hospital and that is where the face came from. I think many really do need to realize most don't pay any attention to what they are doing.lol
    Anonymous

• uh, no.... one because I don't care, and two, I can't think of the last time I looked at someones hand to check and see if they have a wedding band.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No. This is a silly question to me- mostly because it's 2011 and not 1950.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Why would you assume they are single? I am not wearing my ring right now because I injured my finger and my ring aggravates it. Would you look down on me?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Absolutely not! I think I look up to them if anything!

Answer by older at 12:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Nope. Alot of things can make this happen. I was divorced with kids walking around proudly without a ring. My dd was unmarried when she had her son and waited to marry for financial reasons. So nope I dont look down on them. Oh and my mom was a single mom.

Answer by gemgem at 12:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• absolutly not !!! i see them stronger and very good mom .its hard to take some decisions when u hv kids you'r quite weak and u think firts for ther life then you ... so i just found them so brave and strong raising there kido alone ...
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2011