What is your SIL story? Good or bad.

I have 2 sister in laws. One is my brothers wife, the other my hubs sister. They are the only "aunts" my son has. Ironically enough, they also share the same name. We just had a 1st birthday party for our son on sunday, and what a kick it was! I'm exhausted, but proud of all the work I put into it lol. Sadly, neither one of my sons "aunts" bothered to show up. My brother had to work that day, so that was the reason his wife gave why she and my niece couldn't come. I guess she forgot how to drive or something. Hubs sister didn't come because "she didn't want to look (his) face", HIS meaning her sons father, who happened to have my nephew that weekend. This is just the latest turn of events that I have to roll my eyes and continue on with life over. They both used to be pretty cool too, i'm not sure what the heck happened. How about you?

DJsMommy610

Asked by DJsMommy610 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband's sister is awesome! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful person in my life!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have two *former* SILs, sisters of my ex husband, who are both complete bitches. I ignore them like they don't exist when I'm forced to be in the same room. My brother is not married. I've never met my new husband's sister.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• my husband's older sis is kinda strung out and dates a loser guy and lives in a shack, hasn't raised any of her 3 kids by 3 men..... she's a nice person to sit and talk to, but she needs to get her life together.
    my hub's younger sister is also his cousin(his dad had an affair with aunt, so I'm always uncomfortable around her, accidently introduced her as cousin once and hubs corrected me in front of everyone), she's much younger, and I have nothing in common with her. She's nice to talk to, but has a certain immaturity, like always brags about partying.
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 12:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• continued.. her son will watch and as soon as ur not looking he will push, or hit, or pull the little kids under the water. her family has money, but she will not ask them for any instead they are sucking my parents dry, then they wanted to buy my old car, but I told her no, I cannot live with myself to do anything nice for you after all the money you owe my parents and all the shit talking you did about me. She didn't even come to my wedding! haha her loss
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 12:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Mine isn't good. My SIL's are spoiled brats who think they are entitled to whatever they want. Both are over 21 and still act worse than any spoiled child I have ever seen. They are jealous their brother is married and has children. Apparently he was supposed to not have a family of his own and just spend his life catering to them. It's creepy how they act like they should be the only focus of his whole life. To me that does not say sisterly love. They smile to my face but all I ever hear from family and mutual friends is how they talk about me behind my back. And DH wonders why I don't want to be around them any more than absolutely necessary.
    Anonymous

• My SIL (my brothers wife) is so annoying I really can't stand her she is always trying to copy everything I do, is always jealous of me & I lost 3 babies so now she is pregnant & she is like throwing her baby in my face & saying hurtful comments she started to do that after my DH got a great job & we're really good right now & her & my brother are struggling some, (which I don't know why she tries me if she knows I'm a b***h & will tell her off quick), I had alot of love for her but she has managed to destroy it bit by bit with her stupidity personally I miss my ex SIL (shhh) lol. My SIL from my DH side their young their like 10 & 13 & their soooo adorable I love them!.
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My SIL is 25 and still acts like a kid. She is nice enough, I guess, but she's VERY materialistic and VERY self centered. Those 2 things drive me nuts, but I don't say so to her. We are on good terms. I just wish she'd stop acting so ditzy and helpless and learn to do things for herself sometimes.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Mayb ethey have legitimate reason. You should ask your both sisters in law. And dont rely too much on other people making your kid happy. Birthdays, first championships or any other important event, make it about your son. The only family members, that truly think about your son, is the realtives from your side. Your mom, your mom's sisters/brothers, your real sisters/brothers if you have.
    LadyGI

Answer by LadyGI at 1:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i only have on SIL now that i'm divorced. its my brothers wife and she is nice. she has her moments but overall i think she is a very nice and honest person. i would trust her with my life and those of my kids.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have one sister in law and she is pretty awesome. We aren't like, super-secret-sharing close or anything, but I am continuously trying to build a relationship with her and my mother in law. We were actually friends for awhile before I got with her brother, and we knew we got along. We always called each other and introduced each other as sisters anyways, we just made it official at the wedding day :)
    MzHuycke

Answer by MzHuycke at 2:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2011