Formula adult content

I use powdered formula. Is there any way i can get a container and make like 16 oz of formula and put it in the fridge without it forming bacteria? I plan on using it b4 24 hours.

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can safely do that

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• As long as you use it within 24hrs you are fine
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I never knew you could do this! I don't have to make it one bottle at a time? What would be the best thing to keep it in?
    cheyegirl82

Answer by cheyegirl82 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I used to make a 24 ounce container a day and keep it in the fridge until I needed it.Use within 24 hours.Keep refridgerated.I used a rubbermaid sport bottle container that had the ounce measurements on it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i heard u can buy baby tupperware from either a store or online, how does this not get bacteria in it? is it bc its closed ? so i can use anything as long as its closed? cool
    renah164

Comment by renah164 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yes, that's fine. Lots of people do that. It doesn't grow bacteria because bacteria haven't been introduced (it has been after being fed to baby, though, which is why they say to discard a partially-used bottle instead of finishing it off later; also why you shouldn't eat directly out of a container you're using to store food).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2011