I am going to give a baby shower for my son's fiance. Have you had good experiences with baby shower of unwed?

My son is engaged but they plan to wait to marry after their baby is born. I want to give a shower but just wondering....Is there a good response to showers even if the parties aren't married?

Asked by bertie4 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• As you can see by the answers, times have changed a lot. Now a days there is no longer a stigma with having babies out of wedlock. I think some young people would be surprised to hear that this was ever an issue. Ultimately I think this may be a good change. All babies should be celebrated. ...Congrats!

Answer by ochsamom at 1:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i wasn't married to my first childs father ever and our baby shower was a loving welcoming event. I dont think it makes any difference. most of the focus is on the new baby not he parents anyways!!!! have a good time

Answer by april666 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Most def!! A baby is very exciting whether the parents are married or not! I think that having babies before marriage is almost common now. The baby needs things and I am sure that your son and his fiance will be very grateful!! I say DO IT!!

Answer by KyMom24 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I wasn't married...I don't see how the marital status of the soon to be parents has anything to do with the baby shower anyways? Your celebrating a baby and if people have an issue with that then maybe they should not go!

Answer by happymama02 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yes it happens all the time now days. My dd was unwed with both babies but engaged and had 3 showers each.

Answer by gemgem at 12:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Marriage has nothing to do with baby showers.

Answer by momavanessa at 12:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Of course, go for it! You will see the fun and joy that will come of it!

Answer by Dahis at 12:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• marriage has nothing to do with baby showers.. it's about the baby not whether or not the mother is married.

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• What do marriage and babies have to do with one another? I've never been to a baby shower where the couple was married, accept for my grandmothers... Everyone else had the babies first... It's no different.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• A baby shower is to celebrate the baby... not the marital status of the parents.

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2011