HELP my daughter can't poop! And is in so much pain!

My daughter is 5. When she was a toddler we had these problems and she had to be perscribed special meds to help her, but we haven't had any problems for a few years now. I just make sure she drinks a glass of apple juice a day to keep her regular.
Well shes been constipated since yesterday. I got her juice and had her take Little Tummy's (by Little Remidies) Stimulant Laxative drops last night hoping by today shed be able to go. But she hasn't :(
Did another dose this am but still nothing. Aside from a suppository do you Moms have any suggestions for this miserable little girl?
The reason I am trying not to do the supp. is because she clearly remembers having to do that when she was little and HATED it. My husband is working long hours and Im not sure if I could do it by myself, shes a stubborn strong little girl and I dont want to tramatise her anymore than she already is LOL
Thank you for your sugestions

madsmom314

Asked by madsmom314 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Kids' Health

• get some kids chewable laxatives...they worked real well on my DD.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Give her a prune or two. And have her take a warm bath, the warm water might relax her enough so she can go.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We've been doing warm bathes and she refuses to eat pruns :-/
    madsmom314

Comment by madsmom314 (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Cranberry juice 

thekayk

Answer by thekayk at 3:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• perhaps some miralax or fiber powder in her juice.....if that dosent get her going she might be impacted and need to go to the er or her doctor....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 4:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• The doctor's don't like to suggest a stimulant laxative, but we did have success with chocolate ExLax with DD. Now, she takes MiraLax and Benefiber every day to prevent getting backed up - as recommended by her GI doctor. When things get impacted though, only a doctor will be able to get things moving.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2011