How do I speed up the passing of a kidney stone?

I have an extensive history of kidney stones which all include many trips to the ER, uroligist, drs appts, labs, prescriptions meds, and the laser surgery to break them down. However, this time around I have now have a child so I dont have the free time to do all these appts and things so I wanted to know how to pass the stone at home relatively quickly. I know, and do the obvious, dietary changes, drinking tons of water (gallons a day actually) lemon juice, cranberry juice, apple cider vinegar, and regular old pain relievers and its not totally working. Its not AS painful as they have been in the past but still enough to want to do something. I read all kinds of weird stories online and wondered if you have had any experiences with this that worked, or even that didnt work so I dont try that.

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 1:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Health

• Asparagus, strawberries, distilled water with lemon juice. Eat foods rich in vitamin A apricots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, and cantaloupe.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• First of all, do you know it's small enough to pass on its own?

If it is, then my only advice that you haven't already listed is that moving your body around helps as opposed to just lying down.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 1:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• tons & tons of water.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Thanks! Im assuming (which I know can be bad) it is small enough to pass on its own. I was told all of my other ones from the past were small enough to pass yet they never moved on their own and finally after 2 weeks of pain the Dr did the surgery so Im assuming they will pass on their own eventually.
    mitchellb

Comment by mitchellb (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2011