Fox Business host apologizes for using ‘language interpreted’ as racist..What do you think about the clip? is the barely apology enough?

Fox Business host apologizes for using ‘language interpreted’ as racist: ‘We did go a bit too far’

By Dylan Stableford

Eric Bolling, host of the Fox Business Network show "Follow the Money," apologized to viewers on Monday for using racist language during a segment that aired last week.

"We got a little fast and loose with the language," Bolling said, "and we know it's being interpreted as disrespectful, and for that I'm sorry."

In a segment that aired on Friday, Bolling referred to the White House as the "Hizzouse" and "Hizzy," and President Obama's guests--including Gabon President Ali Bongo--as "hoods."

"We did go a bit too far," Bolling admitted.

You can watch the full, 14-second clip of Bolling's apology here.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think there are a lot more important things in the world to worry about then getting offended about some sketchy comments. He applogized and it's in the past.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Overt racism gets a free pass on FOX news

but Anthony's weiner pics are cause for resignation?

This man should be OFF air

and there was nothing "sketchy" about his comments, the whole thing was down right racist propaganda

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I don't know if it's enough. I guess that's for every person to decide for themselves. I didn't watch the original segment, but the frame shot they showed was insensitive and it seems racist to me. They apologized for it being interpreted that way.  It was enough for me because I don't watch the program and don't hold onto these types of resentments. 

What would have been an acceptable apology to you, OP?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• They apologized for it being interpreted that way. It was enough for me

Thats not an apology..that is a YOU TOOK IT THAT WAY....The whole segment was much worse. You can find it all over the web

He should be fired. I dont care for apologies, he voiced his racism and shouldnt be given a platform to continue to do it....
    sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I don't know if it's enough. I guess that's for every person to decide for themselves. I didn't watch the original segment, but the frame shot they showed was insensitive and it seems racist to me. They apologized for it being interpreted that way. It was enough for me because I don't watch the program and don't hold onto these types of resentments.

I have to agree with Quinn....   I don't get Fox Business, therefore I didn't see it.  His comments appears to be inappropriate and racist.  I guess if you want more from Fox Business then you should threaten to stop watching them and hit them where it counts, viewership, ratings, which in the end add up to sponsorship dollars....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Well considering he makes a habit of racial slurs against our president saying last month he chugs 40's I think he should lose his job. He does write these things down and so it isn't on the fly reporting. He's a disrespectful asshole. Exactly the reason I don't watch FOX. They are mostly a bunch of ignorant liars and I pity the serious journalist that work for Fox and are made out to also be asses.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 1:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• come on! if this were a SNL skit, it'd be getting a million laughs! this is just another case of 'yo momma'-style jabs...its ok to talk about one's own, but not someone else's. gotcha.
    frankly, i don't get the phrase 'hoods in the house'..shouldn't it be 'homies in the house'?
    and no, i don't watch this show or this channel, if i can help it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• come on! if this were a SNL skit, it'd be getting a million laughs!

Nope, pure racist propaganda..as for a SNL skit..1) context is our friend 2) point to an example of this level of hateful racist bs on SNL

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• What a piggy thing to say. He needs to resign
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• What would have been an acceptable apology to you, OP?
    >>>
    Firing
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011