Baby shower gift returns?

So, I recently had my baby shower, and I got some good stuff, but some people didn't show up to my baby shower, so they just sent a gift...and I got some doubles. Like, 2 bathtubs, 2 baby bouncers, 2 of the same onsie packs, and a million and one blankets.

Do you even tell people that you've taken back their gift, or do you just do it and not say anything? Do people get offended if you take their gift back? I wish they were the exact same thing, but its 2 different bathtubs, and 2 different bouncers. What if they ask for pictures of my son in them or something? I don't want to keep the extras because, what would be the point in that, you know? Plus we don't have that much space to begin with and it would just get really crowded.

So, do I take them back and just not say anything, or tell people I took it back?

(I'm putting this under, both pregnancy and relationships)

monstersmommy20

Asked by monstersmommy20 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had to take some stuff back but I made sure to do it where I KNEW i would not run into them. If it were me it wouldn't hurt my feelings but for some people it might.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I personally think that it[s best to not say anything. The fun is picking the better tub and so forth, if you have two baths I see no reason in keeping them, but theirs no reason to tell them you did.
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Just take em back...chances are they won;t sk for a pic with your LO in it...people understand you do get doubles.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I would just take them back and buy other things that you need for baby with the money from the returns. Thats what I did. People understood that I got doubles and didnt get offended. I think that if I got someone something and they ended up with 2, the only way I would be offended that they took it back was if they spent the money on something that wasnt for baby. So make sure you spend the money on baby so that if you do say something or they found out that you returned it, you can tell them what their money went for instead.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i had the same problem i just never told anyone, i took back the doubles or the wrong sizes whatever was the case and got what was needed. my mom was with me and even some of her stuff had to go back but she understood and wasnt offended so if you do decide to tell anyone remember that most of the women will understand and not to stress over it too much by the way congrates!
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i just would take it back and kinda lie to them and say thanks so much ur stuff works great or came in good handy
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 3:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2011