Why arent we allowed to watch our c-sections?

When we give birth vaginally we're given the option of them putting a mirror down there to see what's going on...and if you can't do that...how many husbands have had the zoom lense of a video camera aimed right into your cooch? lol....so why can't we watch the c-section? It's still the birth of a child right? Both me and my husband were stuck behind that blue screen...hey I was awake! I wanted to see what was going on! LOL....why don't we get to see??? Does anyone know?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Good question! I don't think I would want to though!! My son's father sat in on mine and stood up once the baby was out and wishes to this day he hadn't.... Let's just say he didn't eat any type of pasta (w/ red sauce for while) lmao..
    LittlesMom549

Answer by LittlesMom549 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I often think the same thing! Maybe some people just get too squeamish with the incision? I always wonder what it looked like, especially when I look at my scar lol
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My mom was with me when I had my c-section. She saw what was going on and almost passed out.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'm sure watching ourselves being cut open would not have a good ending...plus if anything is ging wrong they don;t want us knowing so we don;t freak out.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Because for one some people tend to faint at the site of this major surgery, they do not want to take the focus out of you, and that goes for you too!

Answer by older at 1:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Probably because they are afraid you will freak out. I know I would! I would never be able to watch!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• One lady I knew watched and her husband was allowed to record it.

However, seeing someone slice into me, and I saw it...I'd knock out lol
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Probably because it looks pretty gruesome, and they don't want anyone near the incision to spread bacteria. I was there for my friend's c-section and was sitting a little off to the side, watching everything. Her son was so big, it seemed like they were yanking her whole body back and forth trying to work him out. They let us (the father, and me) go to the other side of the room to photograph the baby, but we had to stay away from my friend's body to make sure it stayed sterile. I was fascinated by the whole thing, but I can see how some people would completely freak out.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Because some women who think they could handle it actually would freak out and possibly cause a complication for themselves or the baby. It is major abdominal surgery. I would not want to see it nor would I want to have seen my gallbladder removed which was a lesser surgery with tiny incisions that I was totally knocked out for. They Doctors could not risk a fit of hysterics.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'm thinking it has to do with what has already been mentioned above. I personally wouldn't have been able to stomach it. my DH still goes on about it and how "colorful" my insides were. ewwwwwwww lol
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 1:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2011