What's the dumbest pregnancy myth you've ever heard?

SO I went to my hubby's work yesterday and one of his co-workers asked me why I was still driving when I was 37 weeks preggo, apparently he didn't I think was allowed to. Brought to mind all of the dumb things people have told me over the years so I want to hear your stories.

My favorite was while I was pregnant with my first son, after we got our ultrasound CLEARLY displaying a boy a co-worker (male of course) told me not to paint the nursery until I was over 6 months because the penis could still "fall off" and I'd have a girl.

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 7:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Stupidest one that I heard was that if you are hungry again within a few minutes of eating chinese food, than you're having a chinese baby. Of course, I was hungry again after eating a tuna sandwhich, so I was apparently having a fish.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 7:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• lol lmao
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would be able to tell you some if i wasnt trying to think about it. this is my 3rd pregnancy so i have heard a couple. let me think about it a min and I'll get back to you.
    BTW that one is pretty funny. well they both are actually
    Anonymous

• I always heard it was bad luck to set up the nursery til you were 7 months (of course I waited until then, though!). LOL! Also have heard that pregnant women weren't supposed to be on ladders or even stepping stools! Heard that one a LOT while I worked at WalMart, but I only used the 3-step ladders. Hmmm....Can't remember what else, but I've heard A LOT!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Actually my penis did fall off. lmao..Well the umbilical cord was in the right place to make me look like a boy sooo they didn't know I was a girl until they had me..
    Dumb pregnancy myths i've heard:
    Holding a string over your belly with a ring over it to determine the sex...Yea..How is that even logically possible?
    If your all belly then it's a boy. I proved that wrong because I got some ass, hips and all the above in my pregnancy.
    You crave sweets with a girl and sour foods with a boy...It's all lies!!!
    The heart beat determining the sex..I proved that one wrong also.
    Techniques that will induce your labor such as castor oil, Rasberry leaf tea, acupressure etc..They won't.
    Anonymous

• I always liked the one about not putting your arms over your head cause the cord would wrap around the babys neck.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Oh yea and if you put your hands over your head the baby's cord will get around their neck..
    Anonymous

• The dumbest one I heard was when I was playfully jiggling my preggo belly and some lady yelled at me to stop cuz it would cause deformations and birthmarks. Uh WHAT?!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Where have you been Maryle? wth? lol
    Anonymous

• i like the drano test..tp predict gender.. yup i tried and yup it lied!
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 7:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2008