What age would you allow your daughter to wear make up and/or what age where you allowed to wear it?

Taking into consideration the year is 2011.

Wearing it to school and out in public?

I don't allow my little ones to wear play make-up out at all.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Do you mean playing with it at home, or wearing it to school / out in public?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 1:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• iam 23 yrs old i started wearing a lil makeup at 13
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I would say light eye shadow and lip gloss only in 6-7th grade 8th grade they can where there make-up how they want...I was a total goth in 8th grade and wore the dark eyeshadow,eyeliner and black lipstick. Sometimes make up allows them to express who they are at that time and I would not want to hinder that. how they dress is more a concern..like if they dress too skimpy or whatever

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• 14..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I started wearing makeup to school in 6th grade, so about 10. And I did it myself so I looked like clown! Now I am a believer that cosmetics are meant to enhance natural beauty and that is something I hope to pass on to my children. So when my daughter expresses a want to wear cosmetics, she will be allowed. But I will do my best to guide her to wear products which fit her face, are healthy for her skin and which enhance what nature gave her rather than hide it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• 12 and 12 lol. My daughter wasn't allowed to wear it to school, she was in 6th grade when she turned 12. But she can wear it to school starting 7th grade
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My daughter was allowed to wear tastefully applied make up starting in middle school as was I. There was no play makeup.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I wasn't allowed to wear until I was 17 and moved in with my mom. My sisters both started wearing makeup at around 11-12 years old and they have both always had skin issues. I have never worn more than just blush and eye makeup and at 44 have no wrinkles and very good skin. My sisters have worn powders and foundation since day 1 and at 43 and 37 both have wrinkles and look older than me. So, if I had had a daughter the rule would have been no make up until 16-17 and then just blush and eye makeup.
    Anonymous

• 12
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• In sixth grade, I was allowed to wear clear gloss, mild eyeliner, a sparkly but skin tone eye shadow and concealer for my acne problems which I still struggle with.when I hit high school I was allowed to add colored gloss/lipstick/eye shadow, more noticeable eyeliner, mascara and blush but my mom taught me how to put it on correctly over the summer so I didn't go to school looking like a makeover gone wrong.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 7:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011