What money savings tricks, tips, or websites do you use? adult content

Just curious of what tricks everyone has under their belts.

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 1:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• Thrift stores. Yard sales. Hand me downs. Freebies. Coin jar. Put the whole pay check into the bank and only draw off a set amount in cash for groceries. When it's gone it's gone. A wiritten budget. Savings goals and set deposits for set categories. Pay CC off in full each cycle. Take advantage of cash discounts on point of service payments for medical services. Use leftovers. Use odd things for other purposes. Wash out and reuse plastic bags and containers. Homemade cloth napkins. Cloth rags instead of paper towels. Garden. Can my own on some items. Buy form the bump and dent store. Buy multiples when on sale. Keep a pantry and rotate goods. Buy bulk meats and divide up at home for the freezer. Go for walks, pick up aluminum and redeem the metal for cash. Cut fresh milk with powdered. Make Christmas gifts. Cook from scratch. Eat out infrequently and use coupons. Buy used cars..Use the library for books and free movies.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 12:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Dave Ramsey
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We follow Dave Ramsey too.
    We do a zero based budget and we use cash envelopes and pay cash for everything. We coupon shop, thrift shop, clearance shop, trade kids clothes within our group of friends.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'd love to hear the answers : ) I utilize credit cards to pay bills and get the cash back rewards, and then pay them off, so there is no interest paid, so I basically get paid to pay my bills. That's about all I have :)
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We take %10 of every paycheck & put it in savings. We also have a "way-to-save" transfer. Every time we use our check card, a dollar goes into another savings account. We have quite a bit built up in there right now. I was surprised at how fast you can save money that way.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My website has the rewards mall offering competitive prices for all clothing & accessories. Rewards are given in different ways. Check it out FHTMUS.com/Jennifersalazar
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 1:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I am a thrift shop regular - today I just bought a Paul Frank tank top for my DD for $2.99!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I use coupons,I pay in cash,I do not use credit cards,I plan out my shopping trips to the T.I depend on blogs to tell me what's on sale.
    busymom0474

Answer by busymom0474 at 1:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Samurai-What bank do you have that check card through?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Online shopping provides a lot of opportunities for saving money while shopping. Several cash back sites, coupon sites, rewards programs are available on the net that help shoppers saving online. Such facilities are not available in the brick and mortar stores. Moreover, online retailers provide special offers to the online buyers. Being a frugal online buyer, I always use cash back websites like ShopAtHome, FatWallet, AAfter Search and Ebates, and MrRebates.
    AAfterSearch

Answer by AAfterSearch at 10:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2011