New "relationship" hard to read... adult content

I recently started hanging out with a guy a little over a month ago, though we were talking a lot online/text a few months before meeting...i guess i just suck at reading people or automatically expect the worst. The past 4 weeks we have hung out (my little one is with his father on saturdays/sundays) so the first night we went out to eat, walked around, and nothing besides a goodnight kiss...the next few weekends there was more than a kiss shall we say, I spent the night (he lives about 35/45 min away so decided spending the night would allow more time and after a few drinks safer) and he has always kissed me good bye likes to cuddle, talk and whatnot...i guess I just don't know how to tell if he actually likes me i'm just his "weekend girl" obviously not in love her, but I do like him. He texted me letting me know he was busy this weekend and couldn't hang out because he was hanging out with a friend and spending time with family. I guess I'm just looking for advice on whether it seems pointless to expect a lot or am I just accepting an inevitable rejection due to past "failures"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• So are you saying that you two would spend the weekends toghether...
    then you slept with him...
    and now he wants to be with his friends this weekend..\

If so , you have been had....

If he was into you, esp..after being together, I would think he would want to spend time with you more.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Well..it's still very new. The biggest mistake you can make is sleeping with this guy, or having any sexual contact for that matter. If you do/did...you will get more attached & when he goes & hangs out with "friends" it may leave you wondering. You just won't know if he's using you or not. You should ask him what he is looking for, not specifically with you but generally. Does he want to be in a relationship, is he looking for friends with benefits, does he just want a sexual relationship. These are things you need to figure out before sleeping with him. Once it gets physical, there are many more feelings involved. If you don't get physical right away, you can work on being friends with him first. This will help you gain trust & it will help you figure out his intentions better.

Most men are pigs, you'll never know the truth until you get to know him on the inside.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Why don't you ask him? Or, find a sitter and try to plan a dinner during the week. He's allowed to need time for himself and to be with his friends and family, especially if you've been with him every weekend. Ask him if he sees this becoming a relationship or if it's just casual.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'm not really "attached" just don't want to waste time anymore with dead end relationships, we spent the past 4 weekends together and he told me he had plans for this one...i dont know...its basically trying to figure out if i want to waste my time, not because i am so into him but i have better things to do than continue on with another dead end relationship...after i had my child, though i'm young, i am not going to be like some people i know having guys in and out of his life, hence he hasn't met him yet, and i am deciding whether or not its worth worrying about.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• He did tell you he had plans this weekend. Most men will just ignore you and wont tell you anything.

My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 2:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Do you really like him? What do you want? Decide first for yourself. If you do not feel it in your gut and you are guessing with fwb romeo move on. But if you like him you have to let him know. Don't let it get personal just know that there are so many guys out there for ya. Just get to know them better on a emotional level. GL.....
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• also it's harder to hang out during the week because he works til 6:30 everyday with weekends off and likes i said lives over a half hour away and i live in a busy summer town so add tourist traffic could be an hour lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i do like him a lot, but i guess as i've said have a pessimistic view unfortunately based on guys i've met since moving here 5 years ago...i know that won't help my situation
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Ok now being said, he told you he was going to be busy this weekend. Something tells me you are going to miss him a lot. If you start to feel this way just let him know. DOn't wste any more weekends you'll never know that you let the one get away..................
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We can't answer whether or not it's pointless. I have been there with a new relationship, and meeting only when there's time, usually on the weekends, and not knowing what to expect. You need to communicate with him, we cannot answer this.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2011