Did you wear makeup during your labor? If yes what did you wear and what kind?

Also what was your hairstyle? Do you pics look good or awful like mine? Lol I'm wanting to look a little better this time! :)

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had an induction date. I put on eyeliner and mascara and straightened my hair.. I shouldn't have.. I threw up the entire time and it really didn't matter what I looked like! My pics looked AWFUL all three times! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Nope, I didn't wear makeup at that point in my life at all. And my hair was just in a messy bun cause that's what was easiest... That said, I didn't allow pictures. Besides my wedding and a photo I had taken for business reasons I haven't allowed photos of me to be taken in 10 years.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• @SabrinaMBowen...That is sad :( May I ask why you don't want any pictures of yourself? Your kids will want them someday.....
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I had makeup on only because I was already wearing it when i went in. My hair was down when I got there but went up in a ponytail
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Twice I went into labour in the middle of the night and once first thing in the morning- putting on makeup and doing my hair wasn't really on my mind at the time! I really seldom do makeup anyhow, even when I'm not giving birth. The only time I really looked atrocious was when I had my first, because I was in labour for twelve hours and was all sweaty... also forgot to bring a ponytail elastic so my hair was all over the place. My other two labours were pretty quick so I didn't look quite as rung-out. I really love the pics anyhow- such a great memory even if I did look a mess!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I didn't wear makeup either time, and I wore my hair in a ponytail. I was in labor two days with each of my children and would have wanted to wash it off anyway. Only my husband and my best friend saw me and I know they didn't care if I prettied myself up.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yeah I was induced....I put on mascara and lip gloss and had my hair in a pony tail. Even if I wasn't induced I still would have take the thirty seconds to comb my hair and use some mascara
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 2:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I can honestly say makeup was furthest from my mind when I was in labor. However in my case, I guess I still had some on from before I went in for my induction. I had an epidural and, frankly, a fairly tame labor but even then I'm pretty rumpled in the pictures.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I was induced & I wore my regular daily makeup & I looked pretty good going in. I delivered quickly but for some reason all my makeup was like gone! The pictures that my DH took of me look like I was shell shocked! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2011