What purpose does this serve?!

My bff is the ex wife of someone accused of something terrible (crime) & her 18 y/o son was involved too. They have been divorced for a LONG time, & the grown son does NOT live w/ her. Why does the newspaper feel it necessary to track HER down for comment?! She is irrelevant to the case! I think the media goes too far & has no care or concern for the innocent people they trample over for the sake of a story. Your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• It's upsetting. The general media has no sense of boudaries and little sense of decency anymore. It sounds like she has a great friend by her side. I hope she's coping okay.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• to get background info on the accused , and what she knows of them
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• They won't leave her alone, it's the media.......they are ruthless and cruel
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yeah, I agree, the media goes too far these days! Everyone is nosey and want all the details possible!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• are you serious? it's the media, and that's their job. I went to a college that had a alledged riot, and they hounded us like crazy for over a year!

we did manage to get rid of the live TV crew when we made it clear if they ever came back we were going to moon and flash the cameras.

BTW- the so called riot was some shouting, there was a bit of fighting but the most that happened was a minor injury and a broken window. I'd been to weekend parties that were more eventful than that night.
    Heck, they even put people on a talk show! was the biggest joke you'd even seen!

Anonymous

• Hmm..that's strange. Maybe they think she has something to do with it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• She was not there! They have plenty of witnesses- why cant they just leave HER alone?! It's ridiculous!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Okay..maybe to see if she can provide additional information
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• maybe because even though he is of age she is still his mother.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Anon: I'm starting to see what you mean! A reporter from the local paper is systematically going thru her son's facebook friends & asking them for comments about him. I say stick to the facts & let the character witnesses be presented by the defense! Enough is enough!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2011